In the modern era we are ever increasingly exposed to mass market brands and retail experiences that lack the local touch.
With a nod to where I live and the quality of local businesses in the area, here are just a few that are thriving in Mickleover.
Alphabet Gift Shop – Website
One thing large retailers often lack are gifts that are that little bit different. Here is where Alphabet excels. It offers presents for all occasions and has been a regular destination for me when looking for ideas and ultimately making purchases. The shop in Mickleover is just the tip of the Alphabet iceberg as they have Alphabet Interiors close to Burnaston and offer more services online.
The Great Northern – Website
The British pub is an institution. However as an industry it has endured difficulties as a result of the recession and the power of supermarket prices. Nevertheless The Great Northern thrives week in, week out. A combination of quality food and a relaxing environment make it great for groups or couples. There’s also rooms for party hire, meetings and even lovely boutique bedrooms.
Other places certainly worth exploring are The Butlers Pantry (website) where I have yet to go but have heard excellent reviews and The Cinnamon Tree, a very good Indian restaurant.
As long as these establishments and more stay in Mickleover, the area will continue to thrive.
Latest posts by Dave (see all)
- Revealed: The most followed Premier League squads on Instagram - August 9, 2019
- Four digital PR tactics for 2018 - July 15, 2018
- Celebrity marketing: tired trope or misused asset? - September 21, 2017
- David Ogilvy’s definition of ‘pure’ advertising is digital PR - June 26, 2017
- What good is social media awareness without action? - November 28, 2016