My most recent inspiration has some from my discovery of this painting by John Charles Dollman entitled A Very Gallant Gentleman. It depicts the final moments of Captain Lawrence Oates who was part of Terra Nova Expedition to Antarctica in 1912, along with Robert Falcon Scott.
On the return journey from the South Pole and knowing he was dying thereby reducing the chances of his comrades survival he famously left the tent with no boots declaring, “I am just going outside and may be some time.” In my opinion and astonishing act of bravery, which has inspired me to look to purchase a print of the painting as a reminder of what we are capable of.
Latest posts by Dave (see all)
- I’m not even supposed to be in today - July 6, 2020
- What if link acquisition sat at the centre of everything? - June 22, 2020
- Something of a restart - June 1, 2020
- Revealed: The most followed Premier League squads on Instagram - August 9, 2019
- Four digital PR tactics for 2018 - July 15, 2018